How Women Random Actors are Recruited to be Suicide Attackers
For Interview Contact IFP
Tel: 972-234-4003 (CST)
RAGE OF THE RANDOM ACTOR
By Dan Korem
WOMEN & RANDOM ACTOR ATTACKS
(Includes recruiting women for suicide attacks)
Updated: November 15, 2005
Note: The short answers in this FAQ are offered to journalists and media producers to provide the following:
- A quick tool to prepare questions for broadcast or print interviews with Dan Korem.
- A guide to where to look in the book for more detailed explanations. NOTE: The brief answers here are not provided as complete / definitive answers—they are like Cliffs Notes on the Random Actor issue and should not be quoted directly.
- Most of the following is from:
- Chapter 11 — The Bunker Syndrome and the African-American and Female Factors
- Chapter 23 — Suicide Attackers: Casting a Wider Net
WHAT IS THE PROFILE OF THE FEMALE SUICIDE BOMBER?
- Most have the Random Actor profile . . . like most mass school shooters, mass workplace killers, serial killers, etc.
- Dan can have the host identify the Random Actor traits on his or her own . . . it is that transparent.
- Female attackers either possess the profile or are manipulated to temporarily possess the two Random Actor traits. (Chapter 22)
- Extremely unconventional, wants to be different (noted as the UNPREDICTABLE trait in the Korem Profiling System)
- High FEARFUL decision making (despondent, futility, etc.)
- In addition to the Random Actor profile, most have experienced some severe family-related trauma. Examples: loss of husband/brother; infertile; divorce, etc.
HOW HARD IS IT TO PRE-IDENTIFY A WOMAN OR ANYONE WITH THE RANDOM ACTOR TRAITS?
- Not difficult if understand the two traits.
- Over 30,000 professionals have been trained and no cases of misidentification because the traits are extreme.
HOW DO YOU RECRUIT WOMEN TO BE RANDOM ACTOR SUICIDE ATTACKERS?
- Option 1: Find a woman with the Random Actor traits. (Chapter 3)
- Option 2: Is Packaged to have the Random Actor Traits after a severe trauma/loss (Chapter 23)
- Usually after a severe trauma (loss of child, brother, divorce, found to be infertile, etc.)
- Often they don’t carry out their attack
- Can cite examples and the patterns of why they don’t complete an attack
WHY ARE WOMEN LESS LIKELY TO COMMIT RANDOM ACTOR ATTACKS THAN MEN?
- Don’t commit violent crimes with the same frequency males of all ages. (Chapter 11 stats)
- Women as a group aren’t as aggressive (Chapter 11 stats)
- Genetic factors
- Study of 2-year-old boys v. girls
- Social factors
- Genetic factors
- Very few women serial killers
WHAT DO THEY THINK THEY ARE GETTING?
- Almost none in the Middle East are looking for some kind of reward like 70 male virgins.
- Most, do it without any realistic expectation. It’s just an act of rage mixed with futility.
WHAT KIND OF WOMAN WOULD LEAVE HER CHILDREN TO BE ORPHANS?
- Most of these women don’t have children. The minority who do are hard to find and usually have experienced some kind of severe family-related trauma.
PROVEN INTERVENTION THAT STOPS ATTACKS & GUIDES PEOPLE OUT OF THE RANDOM ACTOR PROFILE
- What are the themes of the 3-point intervention? (Chapter 13)
- Provide Change / Variability / Flexibility (accommodates their UNPREDICTABLE trait).
- Provide Protective factors (reduces activation of their FEARFUL trait).
- Counsel how to make decisions out of confidence, which will guide them out the RA profile.
- How quickly does the intervention work? (Chapters 13–16)
- To halt the catastrophic impulse: in teens and young adults, often within weeks; for adults takes longer.
- Where are the most important places where laypersons can apply this intervention
- Work Places
- Law Enforcement
RELATED TO SUICIDE ATTACKS (Chapters 22–24)
- The most common reason that a Kamikaze pilot abandoned his mission.
- The most common reasons that suicide bombers choose not to commit an attack. (There are other identifiable reasons as well.)
- What important factor did Mohammad Atta, the leader of the first Japanese Kamikaze squadron, and the first U.S. RA school shooter (who established a trend) have in common?
- Prior to 2000, which unexpected country had the most number of suicide bombings?
- How specific communities stopped their bomb threats while neighboring communities couldn’t.
- Why it is difficult to get females to commit a RA attack.
- How terrorists get women to carry out RA attacks.
- How it is possible to create a RA environment so that people who are not RAs will commit a suicidal attack.
- Did you know that one of the world’s foremost female test pilots (first to fly a helicopter) was working to develop a WWII German version of the Kamikaze?
OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS
- Dan Korem predicted in an address in the UK in 2003 that terrorists would recruit teenage UK students from the suburbs to commit an attack. (Chapter 24, last pages)
- Every day, dozens of teens and young adults are discovered with bombs, guns, and plots to take out their schools. (Chapter 20)
- 80% of RAs who kill, don’t just kill. They spiritualize their rage. (Chapter 12)
- The Random Actor Attracter—people who draw the undesired attention of a person who is a RA. (Chapter 16)
- Why African American inner-city youth have yet to commit RA school attacks. (Chapter 11)
- A RA army: the first faced by U.S. troops. (Chapter 19)
- More pastors are surfacing who have the RA profile. (Chapter 19)
- Bunker Syndrome: why when cornered RAs often commit suicide. (Chapter 11)
- Sustained student-led RA terrorist incidents are unprecedented in North American and European history.